Code of Conduct
As a function of our Code of Conduct, all facilities used to produce merchandise for our company will be able to demonstrate compliance through documentation and management practices in the following areas: (As our business partner, we require manufacturers to provide access to our staff and representatives for monitoring and evaluating these areas.)
· No individual will be allowed to work without legal identification and age certification.
· No legal working minor will be allowed to work in a hazardous job.
- No individual below the compulsory schooling age or 15, whichever is higher, will be offered employment, an apprenticeship, internship or training.
- All individuals have the right to accept or reject employment.
- All individuals have the right to leave work premises at the end of a regularly-scheduled shift.
- All individuals are compensated for their work.
Health and Safety
- A safe and healthful work environment is provided.
Freedom of Association
- All individuals have the right to have their interests as an employee represented to management.
- Factors of race, religion, age, nationality, social or ethnic origin, gender, political opinion and disability will not be considered in management decisions.
- All positions are freely offered on the basis of qualifications.
- Financial penalties will not be used as discipline for rule infractions.
- Corporal punishment is not permitted.
Harassment and Abuse
- Neither physical nor mental abuse will be tolerated.
- Verbal abuse is not permitted.
- Manufacturer employs proper production planning techniques to ensure working hours are within legal guidelines.
- All working hours and overtime are to be accurately captured.
- All individuals are to be provided one day off in seven consecutive days.
Wages and Compensation
- All individuals are paid at least the published legal minimum wage for regularly scheduled work and an overtime premium where required by law.
- All legally required benefits are paid.
- All legally required leaves are provided and/or compensated.
- Manufacturer will maintain all appropriate licensing.
- Manufacturer will employ monitoring mechanisms for effluents and emissions.