At Safeguard, we provide high-quality products with the personal service busy people need to run a successful business. In that effort, we respect and protect the privacy of those who use our Web sites, products and services.
We are providing this statement to ensure that you are aware of our information collection and sharing practices. The following statements will help you understand how we collect, use, and protect the information you provide through our Web sites.
We collect personal, nonpublic information about you from the following sources:
- Information we receive from you that we use in preparing or providing design, copy or printed materials.
- Information about your transactions with our affiliates, others, or us.
We restrict access to nonpublic, personal information about you to members of our company and affiliates who need to know that information to provide services to you. We are committed to protecting your privacy and utilizing technology that gives you the safest and most powerful online experience available. We want to assure you that when we ask for customer information, our goal is to improve our customer relationships.
When you visit our Web site, or acquire our products or services, we may collect the following types of information about you:
- General information, such as your name, address, phone and email address, to fulfill your requested service and to contact you in the future.
- Information to verify your identity in order to provide you with secure access. We may also verify your identity, or your status as a registered user, by means of a cookie. Cookies may also be used to manage your shopping cart when you purchase products on our Web site.
- Financial information, such as your bank account information, to service your needs for bank products like cheques .
- Technical information about your computer or browser so that we may provide you with the correct product or service you request, or to format email messages that best align with your computer’s capabilities.
Disclosure of Individual Information
We are committed to protecting your private, nonpublic information. We use the information collected about you to process orders and to provide a more personalized shopping experience. We may also use your information to communicate with you about products, services, and future promotions. For the purposes of cheque verification and fraud prevention, we exchange information about our customers internally and among our affiliates.
Names and other information that are received by us are not shared with or rented to nonaffiliated third parties except for the purpose of fulfilling our contracts with referral sources (including financial institutions) or as otherwise permitted by law.
We may selectively share customer information, including names and mailing addresses, with our affiliates. When you submit personal information to us, you understand and agree that we and our affiliates may access, store, and use your personal information. Information you provide will be protected according to our strict standards of security and confidentiality.
If you do not want to receive correspondence from us, you may opt out as described below.
Our Security Measures
We employ industry-standard physical, electronic and procedural security measures to protect the personal, nonpublic information that you have provided to us from loss, misuse, or unauthorized alteration. Whenever we prompt you to transmit sensitive information, such as a credit card number, to us through our Web sites, we support encryption of your data as it is transmitted.
Choice to Opt Out
We provide you with the opportunity to opt out of receiving correspondence as a result of your transaction with us. Please see Contacting Safeguard below for contact information.
Safeguard Business Systems
330 Cranston Crescent
Midland, Ontario L4R 4V9
We treat information concerning our former customers the same way we treat information about our current customers.